Thursday 3rd July, 2008
- Adherence to UTS Union's requests.
- The new Executive.
- The new conditions for EGG's operation.
- The Rules of EGG and Induction Program.
- Propositions for Holiday activities.
MEETING START: 12:00pm
- Ariel Michael
- Brinton Chad
- Morgan Hastings
- Sabina Fischer
- Sean Jacobs
- Jay Coad
- Nathan Frawley
- Lei Hui
- Amy Drewett
- Matthew Geale
- Phil Fyvie
Adherence to UTS Union's requests
- Due to the very real threat by UTS Union to dissolve EGG, the Executive has decided that EGG will comply with the requests of UTS Union and Security to the Letter and in Spirit.
The new Executive
- The Executive shall; at the request of the UTS Union consist of 5 members until needed. After the one month ban (ends 4th of August) there will be discussion with UTS union to expand the Executive as needed.
- The new Executive Committee shall consist of the President, Vice-president, Treasurer, Secretary and Events Master.
- As the only present and active Trustee Sean Jacobs accepts the temporary role as Vice-President. Morgan Hastings accepts the temporary role of Secretary. Sabina Fischer accepts the temporary role of Treasurer. Ariel Michael accepts the temporary role of Events Master. It was agreed these positions would remain until the AGM can be called to elect and swear in new Executive Committee members. A Date has not been set but it is understood it will occur after the one month ban has lapsed.
The new conditions for EGG's operation
- It will not be possible for EGG to operate outside of business hours (9am-5pm). This will be enforced by the Ashmore Smith room locks, Security and the Union not allowing bookings after 5pm.
- If EGG members acting as part of EGG or individually are found in the Ashmore-Smith or Harry Heath Rooms then EGG will be Dissolved by UTS Union.
- All channels of communication are to be opened to inform members of the new conditions and rules regarding EGG's operation.
- Before the Rules and regulations are sent however they must be submitted to the Union for approval first.
The Rules of EGG and Induction Program
- Various rules were proposed, in short:
- No Execs, no access, no exceptions.
- Keep the Rooms clean. Put equipment back when you are finished with it, where you found it.
- No access outside of business hours.
- EGG members are the only members allowed to attend EGG Events, guests must be sign up before attending.
- Only the 5 Executives and later Supervisors (yet to be discussed with UTS Union) will be allowed to get the Ashmore-Smith and Harry Heath rooms opened and book rooms.
- These rules must still be finalised and submitted to the UTS Union for approval.
- The Induction Program was discussed. Essentially it would cover:
- A Tour of the rooms, including the storeroom.
- An explanation of acceptable behavior.
- An explanation of the Rules and Regulations of the Club.
- An explanation regarding the sale of Food and Drink.
- The Induction must still be finalised and submitted to the UTS Union for approval.
- It is understood that in the future EGG members would not receive their membership card until after their Induction. Without their membership cards they are to be considered non-members until they have been inducted.
Propositions for Holiday activities
- Morgan proposed a revival of the Arcade Crawl.
- Sean proposed more movie nights.
- Brinton proposed a return to LANcafe's.
END MEETING: 1:00pm