Tuesday 13th July, 2010
- General Reports
- Treasurer's Report
- Secretary's Report
- Quartermaster's Report
- Event Master's Report
- Spring Events
- Charity Events
- Spring Charity Raffle
- Charity BBQ
- Charity LAN
- Charity Events
- Movie Nights
- Pre Semester Mini LAN
- BBQ Day
- Open Day
- Sydney Animation Festival
- Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Geek Trivia Night: Spring Semester
- Notes in Closing
MEETING START: 8:10 pm
- Ariel Michael
- Sabina Fischer
- Christopher Davies
- Morgan Hastings
- Philip Fyvie
- Andrew Harkness
- The following list of reports are generalised summaries, given by the relevant executives, as to the state of their portfolios as of 13/7.
- The Electronic Gamers Guild is currently in good financial status, with a current budget surplus of approximately $2000 for the rest of the year.
- The club has used up all of its capital grant money for the year.
- The last major purchase was the computer fleet upgrade, valued at $2000 (though $900 was claimed back on a capital grant).
- The club currently has 265 registered members. Of these, 76 are members of the Advantage Program and 36 are external (non-UTS) members.
- The last major acquisition, the computer fleet upgrade, was completed before the Post-Exam LAN (2/7).
- The next series of acquisitions to be made will be more games. These will recommence over the spring semester.
Event Master's Report
- Weekly club events are running normally, with the exception of Friday Consoles.
- Consoles will recommence on the first Friday of the spring semester (6/8).
- Friday Consoles are currently in need of improvements in the following areas:
- The X-Box 360's need to be improved, since their current selection of games is unpopular. A larger variety of games is necessary and will likely be the focus of club acquisitions at the beginning of the spring semester.
- The club has access to only one X-Arcade and needs to procure a new X-Arcade PS3 Adaptor ASAP.
- The PowerPoint presentation (played on the top row of screens) has not been updated.
- Morgan Hastings has volunteered to update the presentation.
- The Tuesday Night LAN's are currently running smoothly. Steam is fully operational and the new computers have not developed any problems.
- The only major problem at present is that the Steam Cafe login process is very technically intensive and only a few people are capable of performing it.
- Movie Nights have moved to an irregular event and are no longer run to a schedule. Instead, the date and content of next movie night is chosen after the end of the preceding event.
- NEG days are still running normally (every second Sunday).
- The following list of events covers the dates 14/7 to 17/9.
- EGG will be running a series of charity events in the first few weeks of the spring semester.
Spring Charity Raffle
- EGG will start a raffle at the beginning of semester.
- Prizes will be drawn at the end of Consoles on Week 3 of semester (20/8).
- EGG will be hosting a BBQ on 20/8.
- It is possible, however, that the date will have to be shifted due to other clubs having priority bookings on the Alumni Green.
- If so, this date will be moved to some other time during week 3.
- EGG may possibly run a Charity LAN during the Spring Semester.
- Date and length are currently TBA.
- The next movie night scheduled is Mel Brooks Movie Night, to be run on 17/7.
- As previously mentioned, the date of the next movie night will be planned for after this one.
Pre Semester Mini-LAN
- EGG will run a 2 Day LAN on the 30/7 and 31/7.
- The event will start on the Thursday Night/Friday Morning and end on the Saturday Night/Sunday Morning.
Update 24/7: This event has been cancelled because the club cannot book the Harry Heath room for that weekend.
EGG BBQ Day
- EGG will run a BBQ event for members on 15/8.
- EGG has been requested to run a series of booths at the UTS Open Day this year.
- These booths will be a set of consoles located in the study pods on level 4 of building 2, open for public use.
- The club has access to 4 pods, at one console per pod.
- Open Day is on 28/8. Setup for the event must finish by 8:30am and pack-up is at 4:00pm.
- A testing run will be conducted on 19/7 to determine the capabilities of the pods.
- A further Exec meeting will be called after this test to hash out further details of this event.
Sydney Animation Festival
- EGG has received a request to supply a gaming lounge to this year's Sydney Animation Festival.
- No date has been given at present, but the approximate time given is late September.
Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Talk Like a Pirate Day is on 17/9. EGG will be running a trivia event for this night.
- This event will be run as a casual trivia night with a bar tab and cheap prizes.
- In addition, a proposal has been made to paint up a Pirate Flag for the event.
- Dress code enforceable by Keel Hauling.
Geek Trivia Night: Spring Semester
- EGG would like to meet up with the UTS Anime club to organise another Geek Trivia Night for this semester.
- Christopher Davies has volunteered to organise this meeting.
Notes in Closing
- There are no new events planned by Ozhadou until late into the year.
- The club now has a Twitter Feed and a Facebook Page. These will be used to spread event information.
MEETING END: 9:20pm