Tuesday 2nd September, 2008
- Financial Report
- International Talk Like A Pirate Day
MEETING START: 10:25pm
- Ariel Michael
- Morgan Hastings
- Sabina Fischer
- Phil Fyvie
- Sean Jacobs
- William Ward
- Nathan Frawley
- Christopher Davies
- The Guild's financial situation has been described as 'good' by Ms Fischer.
- EGGLAN held on the 30th of August paid for itself and produced a small profit in the form of cash and goods to be sold.
- Chocolates have sold well. EGG will need to do another order for chocolates soon. However plans to order products with white chocolate will have to be changed due to manufacturing issues at Cadbury.
- Cans of Coca Cola are once again available for purchase during EGG events in the Ashmore-Smith Room.
- The guild plans to have funds available for O'Day next year and needs to save up a reserve of funds for during the summer holidays. EGG as a result will have to consider future purchases
International Talk Like A Pirate Day
- Ms Fischer, in light of EGG's need to build a reserve for next year has refused funds for use in a Bar Tab. Funding for Talk Like a Pirate Day will be restricted to $100. The Funds will be spent on:
- A bottle of Rum for use as a prize.
- 'Cheep tat' for use as Trivia prizes.
- A Flag to be made by Mr Hastings (a Jolly Rodger).
- Advertising for the Event will consist of a 'What's On!' article and posters. Posters will be a treasure map with details and an 'EGG and Crossbones'.
- The event will start at 4:00pm in the Glasshouse. It will not be a Private Event, and as a result there will be no need to pay for the venue. Consoles on the Concourse will end early. Mr Michael has booked the Glasshouse for the Event.
- Trivia about Historical Pirates, Fictional Pirates, Anime Pirates, Modern Pirates, Digital Pirates and Nautical Terms. This will be broken up by:
- The singing of sea shanties and noisemaking.
- A Spot the Pirate Game using CDs.
- A Pirate Talk Off.
- The awarding of the best dressed prize.
- Mr Hastings will talk to the Glasshouse management about increasing the varieties of rum available on the day.
- Posters are also to be posted by Monday the 8th of September.
- Mr Fyvie has had a positive response from UTS IT in regards to opening the ports for the consoles to access the internet. Technical details are still being sorted out.
END MEETING: 11:11pm