Tuesday 7th February, 2012
- Poster Design
- Games for purchase
- O-Day bags
- Start of Semester Events
- Getting Rid of Stuff
- Buying Stuff
MEETING START: 7:40pm
- Grant Collins
- Hanna Parsons
- Kyron Ho
- Cameron Leedman
- William McDonald
- Jake Cruwys
- Victoria MacArthur
- Most are happy with Flay’s poster design
- Geale has requested more dice
- Grant will send the poster design to Laura
- Grant has not yet heard back from Renato, who will give us things for bags and maybe something to raffle off
- Hanna has not yet sent emails, Grant still has email addresses
- Grant notes we can put things together on NEGG Day
- Kyron needs to contact Flay over banner and Membership cards
- Cameron suggests setting up a banner with the Union logo, and not give the union free reign of where the symbol will go
- Laura has agreed to give us the area under the escalators, stall will be in the same place. Two shifts, two people at once. We can’t have in crowd recruiters too far away from the stall.
- Yumi would like to hand out business cards, advertising her costumes. Nobody has any issues
- We need about 5 people around the stall at all times.
- Grant: looking at when signups occur- start before O-Day, for regulars to sign up when cards are ready
- Price is $5 for students/UTS staff, everyone else $10 due to compulsory student unionism
- The consoles that will be used will be based on new games
- Cameron states we need to buy Wiimote chargers
- Kyron suggests AA rechargeable batteries
- These might get lost
- We should put out a fighting games, a party game, an FPS and something new
Games for Purchase
- Looking at EB : Soul Calibur, Darkness 2 are both coming out soon
- There are many games coming out the day after O-Day
- Grant notes that if we get Darkness, we will need two PS3s on O-Day
- The Committee decides to get Darkness 2, and Soul Calibur on PS3
- Geale has suggested we look at games come out the week after O-Day, and throughout, people can vote on which one for first consoles
- Cameron is contributing and browsing Reddit
- Grant states possibilities are Blaz Blue and Asura’s Wrath
- Cameron doesn’t care
- Committee’s thoughts:
- Tor thinks AW is pretty
- Hanna agrees
- Cameron suggests waiting for reviews
- Tor asks if there are any reviews for All 4 One
- Cameron is to make/rez thread for tracking current/upcoming games and what we need to buy
- Streetfighter X Tekken comes out in March
- We are going to need money put aside for production of bags, ordering enough laminate etc.
- Cameron will get what is needed
- We need to look at what we have and what we need to order.
- We will need 200 A5s of Flay’s and Yumi’s MEGANEGG poster designs to put in bags
- We need to keep track of what’s coming out
Start of Semester Events
- MEGANEGG is Sunday
- Start of Semester LAN is to be on the week after MEGANEGG
- Hanna says we should check what’s on that weekend
- Mardi Gras is on that weekend
- Harry Heath is free if we want to delay it one more week
- Trivia can be wk 5, Thursday.
- Quantum needs to book concourse for MEGANEGG/Consoles
- April has two potential LANs – Easter & ANZAC
- If SoS LAN is pushed back, it will be too close to the others
- We can run concurrent with Mardi Gras, next week or can cancel
- SoS pushed back to end of week 2
- Anime have agreed to week 5. Grant logicked them into making a decision
- Need to get Anime to a meeting with Laura. This will not be big enough for everyone to attend. Members from Anime will likely be Emily, Alex & Hannah. From EGG: Grant, Hanna & Will
- Meeting confirming deal (prizes) & potential time limits
- Need to compromise with Laura about what we do
- We do not want DJs, need more time etc.
- We don’t want anything after we’re done, so we don’t have to leave after a specific time.
- Anime were talking about not dragging out the Trivia too long
- An hour is still not long enough
- Grant asks if anyone wants to participate in Trivia
- How big should the bar tab be?
- Last year was $300 each from clubs and Union
- Anime would like a small tab for non-alcoholic drinks.
- Tokens should be worth a drink costing up to a certain amount as opposed to being worth a set cost of drink
- Drink tokens get thrown out anyway
- We need to be careful of people drinking too much – people getting drinks from others
- Suggestion to number tables
- We are inviting LEGO Club to Trivia
Getting Rid of Stuff
- We have permission to remove MAGNAVOX, CRTs and Computer parts
- Give list of parts to Tor’s brother to be paid for them
- We need storytellers/GMs etc to run a game with premade characters
- Cameron suggests running a 4th or 1st edition Dungeons and Dragons game
- Geale and Rel can both be asked
- Sean could GM
- We need a budget for buying monitors.
- Cameron will call Geale with regards to buying monitors
- We are looking to replace ~6 monitors
- Monitors will cost between $75 and $200
- Attempting to get monitors for $100 or lower
- Grant is discussing items that need to be designed with Flay: 8:41pm
- Meetings can’t be on Fridays anymore
- Meetings agreed to be Tuesday 7:30
- Grant & Hanna need to work out meeting times and track down stuff
- Kyron needs to harass Flay & Yumi
- Quantum needs to book events
- To do a repeat booking, email Laura.
- We need to keep track of how many members show up to events.
- Quantum can book every four weeks, to keep track of externals & minimise stuffups
- Do we want to make Sundays a weekly event or fortnightly?
- Sundays have been pretty busy
- We can keep it weekly and watch attendance
- Cameron will get Soul Cal.
- Do we want to trade in games to upgrade?
- Quantum needs to post what events are on and when
MEETING END: 9:05pm